SPx Viewer-3D receives track reports over a network interface and displays the track symbol as an overlay to a map or rendered terrain. Track history is shown as a sequence of trail dots, a track vector shows the estimated direction and speed of travel of the track and optional display of additional track details, such as track name and height. A typical application of the viewer is to show radar tracks from 2D or 3D radars, along with AIS and ADS-B information.
Track input formats and sources include SPx, ASTERIX, AIS and ADS-B. SPx Viewer-3D supports multiple sources of the same track type.
Each track source has a unique IP address and port and any permutation and combination of supported radar track sources can be displayed; for example SPx track reports from a primary radar video, SPx track reports from a secondary IFF radar video, and ADS-B messages.
Proprietary and legacy track input formats, such as NMEA, YLC and GeoJSON, may be supported via Cambridge Pixel's SPx Track Manager product.
On Windows, SPx Viewer-3D is a standard Windows application and on Linux, the application is a server with a browser-based user interface.
The application provides an intuitive display of the tracks and local terrain, allowing the user to change the viewpoint in real-time.
Windows 10 (or later version) and Linux
- Configuration file read at start-up
- Application or browser-based user interface
- SPx, ASTERIX, AIS or ADS-B
- ASTERIX CAT-1 (with CAT-2) CAT-10, CAT-48 (with CAT-34), CAT-20, CAT-62
- AIS input: NMEA-0183
- ADS-B input: CAT-21, KAL, AVR, BEAST, AIRNAV, FR24
- PPI display - shows 2D view with maps and charts.
- RHI display - Range Height Indicator view, shows 2D cross-section of terrain and track positioning.
- 3D display - shows 3D-projected terrain with tracks mapped in 3D.
Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox
- Windows or Linux support
- Underlay map display
- Terrain display
- SPx input
- ASTERIX input
- AIS input
- ADS-B input
- Tracks symbology for primary, secondary and fused tracks, AIS and ADS-B tracks
- Plan-Position Indicator (PPI) view
- Range-Height Indicator (RHI) view
- 3D view
- Track table
- Track monitor with history graph display
- RHI and 3D position information shown on PPI view
- Programmable track source colours
- Follow or view from selected track in 3D view
- Simple-to-use, multi-view track display
- Works with a wide range of track formats
- Extensible to other track formats
- Intuitive user interface