The card can also generate emulated ACP and ARP output signals for use with radar input cards that do not accept parallel azimuth (e.g. the HPx-346) or for legacy display systems that expect ACP/ARP radar antenna signals.
The HPx-180 Mk2 supports high voltage and low voltage reference and synchro/resolver inputs, making it suitable for use with a wide variety of installed systems. It is a PCI/PCIe form factor card, but the bus connector is for mechanical location only and does not take power or data from the PCI/PCIe bus. Power to the card is supplied using a standard PC power connector from the computer’s power supply unit (either 4-pin Molex connector or 4-pin floppy drive auxiliary connector). All inputs to the card and the emulated ACP/ARP are available on the card’s front panel via a D-type connector, while parallel azimuth is supported via an IDC socket. A ribbon cable between the HPx-180 and a radar input card such as the HPx-410 is used to provide parallel azimuth to the input card.
The HPx-180 Mk2 has front panel status indications including power, conversion error (input signals out of specification) and turning (LED turns on/off once per revolution).
- PCI/PCIe form factor
- Power from standard PSU connector
- No connection to PCI power/data
- Supports both synchro (3-wire) and resolver (4-wire) input
- Data + strobe parallel azimuth output compatible with HPx-410, HPx-250
- 12-bit resolution (4096 values per rotation)
- Emulated ACP/ARP output for use with legacy systems
- Input frequency DC to 40kHz
- Rotation period 5 rpm to 120 rpm
- Reference voltage 115V (P/N 311-101), 26V (P/N 311-102)
- Synchro/resolver voltage 90V (P/N 311-101), 12V (P/N 311-102)