USVx receives and displays radar video, tracks and navigational data from SPx Server software located on the unmanned vehicle. It provides a powerful and intuitive graphical user interface designed for use with touchscreens that allows the operator to change range scale, control the operation of the radar and tracker remotely, and monitor alarms and track reports.
USVx supports several on-screen graphics as operator aids, including: range rings, north and own ship markers, electronic bearing line, variable range markers and parallel index lines. Each of these may be separately enabled.
USVx also provides two alarm zones: a circular Perimeter Zone that is centred on the USV's position and a sector Forward Zone that is aligned to the USV's course. When a track enters either alarm zone the operator is notified by an on-screen tote and/or an audible alarm. Alarms can be acknowledged and dismissed by the operator at any time.
USVx is designed to be used in conjunction with SPx Server and, optionally, SPx Fusion Server, as part of a distributed processing and display solution.
USVx communicates with tracking and video server software on the USV using a data link typically implemented with microwave or satellite technology. The server is able to compress radar video to a data rate suitable for the bandwidth available on the link. Track reports and navigational data from a GPS and/or compass system are received as UDP packets over the data link. USVx can also control the operation of the radar itself using a network-based protocol, allowing key parameters such as gain, clutter processing and interference rejection to be set by the operator.
- Intuitive user interface controls
- Support for multiple radar channels
- Main and auxiliary PPI windows
- Remote control of radar operating parameters
- Gain control
- Clutter and interference processing
- Control of software radar video processing and tracking
- Manual track initiation and deletion
- Display of radar video and track reports
- Accept NMEA-0183 navigational data from vessel
- Optional support for AIS track fusion
- Compression of radar video from vehicle
- Support radar azimuth and positional correction
- Full status information display
- Support for tiled background maps and world vector shoreline map
- Optional support for S57 charts
- Radar video and track trails for historic data
- Perimeter and forward alarm zones
- Audible and visible alarms
- Operator acknowledgment
- Synthetics overlay
- Range rings and range scale
- North and own ship markers
- Electronic bearing line
- Variable range marker
- Parallel index lines
- Recording and replay of radar video
- Easy configuration via setup wizard
- Runs on standard Windows (7, 8, 10) PC
- Available as framework application for customisation
Sensor Processing And Display Solutions
Let us help find the best solution for you...Learn more