RadarView can interface to network video formats or, when used with the HPx family of radar input cards, can interface to radar video from a wide range of radar types. Presenting a familiar Windows graphical user interface, the software supports the display of map data, overlay symbology and multiple windows of scan-converted video. Up to four PPI windows are available, in addition to the main application PPI window. Each PPI window provides an independent view of the radar video(s), offering massive flexibility in the presentation of the data and allowing the display to be spread over multiple screens.
RadarView provides a built-in radar record and replay capability. Connect to the radar source and simultaneously visualise and record the radar video. This capability is invaluable when configuring a new installation or testing a radar. Capture video onto the local hard disk of the computer and analyse the data off-line using the RadarView display capabilities. Recorded video may be moved between computers using any convenient media.
RadarView can also accept up to two camera video inputs, via DirectShow device or network RTSP source. Additionally, if the camera uses Pelco-D pan-tilt-zoom commands, Radarview can be used to steer the camera. This camera control capability includes slew-to-cue functionality, allowing the user to select a radar track which RadarView will then automatically steer the camera to follow.
Radar Input Options
RadarView supports receipt of radar video from a network source or from radar signals. Many modern radars provide a direct network output of the radar video. This radar data may be in an open format, such as ASTERIX CAT-240, or in proprietary format. RadarView supports a number of different network formats, including many proprietary ones. Alternatively, the radar video may be provided on the network from the SPx Server application, allowing the radar and display to be physically separated. Introducing SPx Server into the solution also makes it possible for multiple displays (RadarView) to receive the video from a single radar.
To interface directly to the analogue signals of a radar, Cambridge Pixel offers its HPx family of radar interface cards. These connect to the video, trigger and azimuth information for the radar and provide capture, pre-processing and interfacing into the RadarView software. Using RadarView and a suitable HPx card makes it easy to build an inexpensive radar head monitor system.
RadarView also includes built-in control for a number of radars, providing serial line or network control of the actual radar hardware. Please consult factory for details of supported radar models.
RadarView Built using SPx
RadarView is built from Cambridge Pixel's SPx Radar Processing modules. Instead of using the standard RadarView product, the SPx Development library may be used to build a custom application. All of the major acquisition, processing, scan conversion and display capabilities of RadarView are available through the SPx library and may be incorporated into a customised application.
- Ready-to-run application software for Windows
- Windows 10 & 11 compatible
- Radar input from video/trigger/ACP/ARP (HPx radar interface card)
- Radar input from network:
- ASTERIX CAT-240
- SPx format (e.g. from SPx Server)
- Proprietary formats
- ASTERIX CAT-8 weather data display
- Supports ATC integrators and SSR/MSSR installations
- High-quality scan-conversion
- Real-time fading, persistence and programmable colour
- Main PPI and up to 4 pop-up PPIs
- Fully resizable/positionable windows
- Supports single and multi-screen systems (radar across multiple screens)
- PPI, B-Scan and A-Scan presentation
- Radar video record and replay
- Moving platform support with NMEA input
- North-up or heading referenced display modes
- True or relative motion updates
- Continuous zoom/off-centring
- Radar display processing options
- History trails, including retention on view change
- Magnifier window
- Primary track receipt and display
- SPx format
- ASTERIX CAT-10
- ASTERIX CAT-48
- Two channels of primary track receipt plus independent fused track receipt
- AIS receipt and display
- ADS-B (ASTERIX CAT-21) receipt and display
- Surveillance Co-ordination Function (ASTERIX CAT-17) support
- Up to two TV video windows
- Flexible configuration options
- Underlay maps: tiled maps, raster images, world vector shoreline, S57 charts (option)
- Overlay graphics: range rings, compass ring, range scale indicator, user map
- Radar coverage map calculation and display